sexta-feira, 26 de junho de 2009

What does it take to get a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence? [Robin Goldstein blog]

[…] "As part of the research for an academic paper I’m currently working on about standards for wine awards, I submitted an application for a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. I named the restaurant “Osteria L’Intrepido” (a play on the name of a restaurant guide series that I founded, Fearless Critic). I submitted the fee ($250), a cover letter, a copy of the restaurant’s menu (a fun amalgamation of somewhat bumbling nouvelle-Italian recipes), and a wine list.
In order to make the application appear genuine, I also obtained a Milan phone/fax number, as required by the application, and established a small online presence. Aside from creating the menu and wine list, all of this took less than three hours.
Osteria L’Intrepido won the Award of Excellence, as published in print in the August 2008 issue of Wine Spectator." […]

Nenhum comentário: